Present Conditions of Children’s Rights and what is expected of the religious people – Conclusion
In conclusion, I wish to challenge the religious organizations to think broadly and act broadly in the endeavor to secure the rights of children.
Global issues such as:
a) Ensuring peace in the nation and among nations
b) Ensuring child rights based policy are in each and every country
c) Providing information on HIV/AIDS and ensuring there is adequate care for children affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.
d) Ensuring that basic rights of children to Education, health care, shelter are met by states or through international cooperation.
e) Ensuring that national poverty eradication strategies have taken into focus children rights.
f) Ensuring good governance, morally just government are elected by the people and for the people.
g) Fostering International cooperation to cut down trafficking of children for purpose of slavery or sexual exploitation or recruitment into rebel movements.
h) Debt forgiven as part of the strategy for poverty reduction should still remain high on the religious leaders agenda.
1. The Convention on the Rights of the Child Impact Study by Lisa Woll, International Study Director, 2000
2. International Conference on the use of children in armed conflicts, a document of the government of Mozambique, April, 1999
3. UNICEF/GoK Country Programme of Cooperation – 1999-2003, Sept.1998
4. Global Coalition for Africa Documents on: Development, democracy and debt, 1992.
5. The State of the World’s Children by UNICEF, 2000
6. Human Development Report 1994, 1994
7. Stop Using Child Soldiers! By radda Barnen, 2nd Edition November, 1998
8. The Displaced Children and Orphans Fund’s Report on Northern Uganda Children Affected by Violence by John Williamson and Catherine Savino, 1998
9. 1st Kenya Country Report on the Implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, 1997. (unpublished).