The GNRC Fourth Forum took place June 16-18, 2012 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, launching a new interfaith initiative called "Mobilizing Faith-based Resources to End Child Poverty." The global gathering brought together religious leaders, child-rights workers, UN officials and civil society representatives from around the world. This page contains links to all the resources from before, during, and after the Forum.
Read the "Dar es Salaam Declaration" of the GNRC Fourth Forum
Read the launch statement for the new global Interfaith Initiative to End Child Povertyto End Child Poverty.
View the Colorful and Inspiring GNRC Fourth Forum Report (PDF)
Enjoy the official, comprehensive report documenting the GNRC Fourth Forum, including summaries and transcripts of all proceedings, photo documentary, recommendations on interfaith approaches to ending child poverty, regional reports and action plans, declaration and outcome document, launch of new global poverty initiative, and participants' list
Read the Narrative Overview of the Forum
Featuring full details on the program, proceedings, distinguished guests, links to video, speech transcripts, and more
Enjoy the final Fourth Forum Newsletter, including photo pictorial
Watch the Opening Video Documentary on Poverty (14 min.)
Key Pre-Forum Documents
- GNRC Fourth Forum Concept Note (Full Length)
- GNRC Fourth Forum Concept Note (Short Version)
- Outcomes of the Global Consultations with Children on Poverty
- Child-friendly Summary of the GNRC 4th Forum Concept Note
Fourth Forum Newsletter Archives
- Fourth Forum Newsletter 7 (July 2012)
- Fourth Forum Newsletter 6 (May 2012)
- Fourth Forum Newsletter 5 (April 2012)
- Common Elements in Children's Views of Poverty (April 2012)
- Fourth Forum Newsletter 4 (March 2012)
- Africa Review Runs Story on GNRC Fourth Forum (3 April 2012)
- Fourth Forum Newsletter 3 (February 2012)
- News Update - Swahili (19 March 2012)
- Press Release / News Update - English (10 March 2012)
- Fourth Forum Newsletter 2 (January 2012)
- Special Logo Designed in Honor of Fourth Forum by GNRC Africa Youth
- Fourth Forum Newsletter 1 (November 2011)
Pre-Forum Message from Rev. Keishi Miyamoto, President of Arigatou International
The opening day of the Fourth Forum of the GNRC is only a few days away. I am particularly delighted that the Forum will take place in Tanzania. Enthusiasm is high among GNRC members and partners around the world. We hear from them practically every day at our headquarters in Tokyo, and we are inspired by their great expectations. The dedicated team planning the forum, led by Organizing Committee Chair Dr. Mustafa Ali, Secretary General, African Council of Religious Leaders, is working hard day and night to create a powerful, enriching experience for everyone who will attend.
We all know that the time has come for a truly groundbreaking interfaith-led initiative to reduce child poverty worldwide. This represents a great challenge, but the GNRC has always been moved by a spirit of prayer and action to attempt what few think is possible. In that same spirit, I invite you to join me daily in praying for the 2012 Fourth Forum in Tanzania to be a history-making time of inspiration, action and change for the world's children.